The family kitchen at Ronald McDonald House Auckland
A living space at Ronald McDonald House Auckland
Families come to us from across New Zealand. Though the average length of stay is seven days, many families will to stay for weeks and months on end. We pride ourselves on the quality accommodation facilities that we provide. Our Houses offer families a caring, supportive environment and the opportunity to have as normal daily routine as possible as well as a place to stay together, for as long as their child requires medical treatment.
Ronald McDonald House Auckland
Families who live over 100km from Auckland City can stay at the House in one of our two facilities:
- Ronald McDonald House Auckland Domain - opened in 1994 consisting of 49 rooms
- Ronald McDonald House Auckland Grafton Mews – our newest facility opened in 2011 currently with 18 rooms (more to come).
Between these two facilities we provide House families with a whole host of amenities including:
Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Three kitchens stocked with necessities
- A library
An on-site school
Computer and internet access
- Children outdoor play areas
- A range of programmes for our families to enjoy including; art classes, dinner and entertainment evenings and day trips to local attractions.
The Ronald McDonald Family Room is located within the National Children's Hospital and mostly supports Auckland families. It provides 13 short stay beds for caregivers of critically ill children when it is imperative they remain just a short distance away. The Family Room also provides respite for families staying with their child on the ward, with a quiet day lounge to relax and unwind in a calm and friendly space.
The Ronald McDonald House Family room also provides:
- A dedicated play area for siblings to play quietly with activities and toys
- A space where patients are welcomed with their families when they are well enough to be out of their beds, off the ward and able to mix with other children
- A meeting place for visitors of families staying in Ronald McDonald House® Auckland
- Light snacks, tea and coffee during the day.
The Family Room day lounge is open for day visitors from 8:00am to 7:00pm each day, seven days a week.